CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
OHIO LEAGUE for NURSING EDUCATION SUMMIT: OHIO 2016
Transforming the Landscape of Nursing Education
Friday, April 8, 2016 Dublin Embassy Suites, 5100 Upper Metro Place, Columbus, OH
Abstracts are invited for oral presentations and poster presentations at the
OLN Nursing Education Summit: Ohio 2016 sponsored by the Ohio League for Nursing.
Presentations and visual displays of research, projects, or programs relevant to nursing education programs and staff development departments will be considered.
Examples include topics such as:
- Leadership initiatives or projects
- Strategies to increase diversity
- Collaboration between nursing programs, nursing education and nursing practice
- Innovative teaching strategies for classroom and/or clinical teaching for students/staff nurses
- Interprofessional teaching models
Guidelines for creating submission: (those not following guidelines will be returned for resubmission.)
1. Within your document use:
- Microsoft word 12 pt font and 1” margins (Do not submit as a PDF file)
- Type the title in capital letters, centered (Maximum 15 words)
- Identify ONE behavioral outcome (Please make sure to list as such - not an objective) for the viewer/learner of the abstract, Type at top of page, justify left
- Type text of abstract, not to exceed 350 words, single spaced, justified left, describing the research, project, or program
Guidelines for electronic submission: (those not following guidelines will be returned for resubmission.)
- Begin ONLINE Submission of abstract on OLN website - www.ohioleaguefornursing.org.
- Include all Primary Contact and additional participant information as requested in Online submission including name(s), credentials, affiliation(s), address(es), phone number(s), and email address(es) of the presenter(s). If more than one person is listed, please select one person to be the primary contact person and that person will receive ALL correspondence and will be responsible for forwarding information to other listed participants.
***In addition to the abstract, a profile for each listed author (contact and biographical information) and conflict of interest form is required. All bios must be received by Monday, November 2, 2015 or abstract will not be included in review process. Please click this link to complete the bio for each person listed on abstract
Upload copy of one page abstract as described above to the ONLINE application on the OLN website—www.ohioleaguefornursing.org when directed. Document MUST BE submitted as a Microsoft Word Document—DO NOT submit as a PDF file.
- Select whether submission is for Oral Presentation, Poster Presentation or Both.
- Upload abstracts for both oral and poster presentations online at www.ohioleaguefornursing.org by Monday, November 2, 2015. (Notification of acceptance for oral or poster presentation by November 18, 2015 with confirmation from presenter by December 1, 2015.)
Review: All abstracts will be peer reviewed.
· Oral presentation (3-5 to be selected) will be 25 minutes with 5 minutes for questions
· Posters will be displayed from 7:30 am to 3:20 pm, on 6 foot display table will be provided.
Poster must be displayed on table. No easels or wall space will be provided
Questions may be directed to Terri Klopp, Webmaster / Executive Assistant
Phone: 440-331-2721 or email: email@example.com
All oral presenters and poster presenters are expected to register at their own/agency expense
for the Education Summit and assume all costs related to
travel, accommodations and other expenses related to their presentation.