CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
OHIO LEAGUE for NURSING EDUCATION SUMMIT: OHIO 2019
Friday, March 29, 2019 Dublin Embassy Suites, 5100 Upper Metro Place, Columbus, OH
Nursing Education's Path to the Future: Compassion,
Creativity & Partnerships
Abstracts are invited for oral presentations and poster presentations at the
OLN Nursing Education Summit: Ohio 2019 sponsored by the Ohio League for Nursing.
Presentations and visual displays of research, projects, or programs relevant to the theme and nursing education programs and staff development departments will be considered.
Examples include topics such as:
- Innovative ways to illustrate/develop compassion in classroom or clinical settings
- Leadership initiatives for development of collaboration with community and health organizations
- Partnerships between nursing programs, nursing education and nursing practice
- Creative strategies for classroom and/or clinical teaching for students/staff nurses
- other pertinent topics will be considered
Guidelines for creating submission: (those not following guidelines below will be returned for resubmission.)
1. Within your document use:
- Microsoft word 12 pt font (Times New Roman) and 1” margins
(Do not submit as a PDF file)
- Type the title in UPPERCASE letters, centered (MAXIMUM 14 words)
- Identify ONE outcome (Please make sure to list as such - not an objective) for the viewer/learner of the abstract, Type at top of page, under title, justify left
- Type text of abstract, not to exceed 350 words, single spaced, justified left, describing the research, project, or program (Click Here for sample format) - please do not include any identifying information on abstract itself, i.e. names, credentials or mention of agency
Guidelines for electronic submission: (those not following guidelines will be returned for resubmission.)
- Begin ONLINE Submission of abstract on OLN website - www.ohioleaguefornursing.org.
- Include all Primary Contact and additional participant information as requested in Online submission including name(s), credentials, affiliation(s), address(es), phone number(s), and email address(es) of ALL presenter(s). If more than one person is listed, please select one person to be the primary contact person and that person will receive ALL correspondence and will be responsible for forwarding information to other listed participants.
***In addition to the abstract, a profile for EACH listed author (contact and biographical information) and conflict of interest form is required. All bios must be received by Monday, October 15, 2018 or abstract will not be included in review process. Please click this link to complete the bio for each person listed on abstract
Upload copy of one page abstract as described above to the ONLINE application on the OLN website—www.ohioleaguefornursing.org when directed. Document MUST BE submitted as a Microsoft Word Document—DO NOT submit as a PDF file.
- Select which classification the abstract best fits within - Compassion, Creativity or Partnership
- Select whether submission is for Oral Presentation, Poster Presentation or Both.
- Upload abstracts for both oral and poster presentations online at www.ohioleaguefornursing.org by Monday, October 15, 2018. (Notification of acceptance for oral or poster presentation by November 9, 2018 with confirmation from presenter by November 16, 2018.)
Review: All abstracts will be peer reviewed.
- Oral presentation (3-5 to be selected) will be 25 minutes with 5 minutes for questions
- Rapid 5's - A few posters will be selected to give a brief 5 minute presentation with a maximum of 3 slides per poster.
- Poster will be displayed from 7:30 am to 3:20 pm, and must be present the entire day, one 6 foot display table will be provided. Poster must be displayed on a table (please mount on a tri-fold board. NO easels or wall space will be provided
Questions may be directed to Terri Klopp, Webmaster / Executive Assistant
Phone: 440-331-2721 or email: email@example.com
All oral presenters and poster presenters are expected to register at their own/agency expense for the Education Summit and assume all costs related to
travel, accommodations and other expenses related to their presentation.